My Guide Website?
Milan: Private Tour - Duomo, Sforza Castle & Gelato Tasting22 Reviews
Explore Milan on a private guided tour. Visit Duomo and its panoramic rooftop with skip-the-line tickets, then see Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, La Scala & Sforza Castle. Gelato tasting included.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Milan:If youʻre booking your trip to Milan last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Admire the beauty of Milan’s most iconic attractions with your personal guide
- Enter Duomo Cathedral & Duomo Rooftop Terrace with skip-the-line tickets
- Stop by La Scala & Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II and visit the Castle of Milan
- Visit the underground archeologic area beneath Duomo & the museum of Duomo
- Enjoy gelato tasting in one of the best ice cream places in Milan
DescriptionThis private 3-hour guided tour will introduce to you the most significant sights in Milan, and explain to you why their historical, cultural values are so important to Milan and Italy. And to share the real value of the Italian culture, you will also experience a degustation of one of the best gelato places in Milan! The guided tour starts in Piazza Duomo, where you can admire the unique and beautiful gothic architecture of the biggest church in Italy that took 6 centuries to be completed. With pre-booked and guaranteed skip-the-line tickets, you will enter immediately the Duomo rooftop terrace by elevator to have a panoramic 360-degree view of Milan. After that, you will enter the Duomo Cathedral and your private guide will help you to explore the underground archeological area beneath Duomo & the museum of Duomo. The Duomo of Milan is the largest church in Italy and the fourth largest in the world, with a capacity of up to 40,000 people. In the 1930s a special law was introduced in Milan (as you will discover during the tour, it wasn’t respected later on...) for which no buildings could have been higher than the highest point of Duomo. Its rooftops host something like 3400 statues and they are not all are saints or angels. For example, you can admire the statue of the boxer Primo Carnera (world heavyweight boxing champion in 1930s – he was the first Italian ever to gain this title), the statue of the pigeon, one of a tennis racquet, and the Statue of Liberty (the myth says it inspired New York’s one!). After Duomo, your private expert guide will accompany you through Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, named after the first King of Italy. Constructed in 19th century, the Galleria was built on the initiative of the king with the purpose to represent the modernization of Milan and connect La Scala & Piazza Duomo, the most important landmarks of that time. Now it is a grand display of many beautiful of high-end fashion boutiques & famous restaurants, all inside an enormous decorated glass roof of the Galleria. After Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, your knowledgeable guide will bring you to Piazza della Scala, where you will observe from the outside one of the leading opera and ballet theaters in the world. The tour will end with a walk through the majestic Piazza Cordusio & Via Dante to visit to the famous Sforza Castle. Being one of the most beautiful, fortified structures in Italy and one of the largest in Europe, Sforza Castle connects to Sempione Park, provides breathtaking view to the famous Arch of Peace (Arco della Pace).
IncludesPersonal expert guide only for you Guaranteed and pre-booked skip-the-line tickets to Duomo Cathedral, Duomo rooftop terrace (with lift access), Duomo Museum, and the archeological underground area beneath Duomo Gelato tasting in one of the best ice cream shops in Milan Visit of Piazza della Scala to get to know the history of the most famous opera house in Italy A stroll through the glass-roofed arcade of the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II A stroll through Via Dante, Piazza Cordusio, and Piazza dei Mercanti Relaxed guided walking tour at your own pace Visit of Castello Sforzesco, the main Castle of Milan (internal courtyard)
- A private pickup and drop-off by car can also be arranged after booking (the cost depends on the location) The sequence of the visited sites may change for organizational reasons On very rare occasions, it may not be possible to access the internal part of Duomo Cathedral if an important religious ceremony is organized or another important event (the Duomo is also a functioning public church). In this case, the visit to Castello Sforzesco (the castle of Milan) or La Scala & La Scala Museum will be organized during the tour Bulky backpacks, large bags, food, and drinks are not allowed inside Wearing slippers and open-toe shoes is not allowed inside the church & the museum When visiting the church, please ensure your shoulders, stomach, and legs (over the knees) are appropriately covered. Wearing shorts, mini skirts, crop tops, and sleeveless shirts may not be allowed inside Duomo