My Guide Website?
The Duomo of Milan's Hidden Treasures2 Reviews
Join a guided tour of the Duomo of Milan to discover some of the most exceptional architecture in Milan. Embark on an exciting journey through the history of one of the main symbols of Catholicism.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Milan:If youʻre booking your trip to Milan last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the symbol of Milan in depth on a guided group tour
- Take in breathtaking views from the terraces
- Step back in time as you explore the Cathedral and baptistery
- See the amazing sculptures, paintings and stained-glass windows
DescriptionIt took five centuries to complete the Duomo and the result is an extraordinary combination of forms, where white marble became the protagonist and the interpreter of Lombard Gothic style. Located at the top of the Cathedral, the famous Madonnina (Virgin Mary) controls the city and becomes a sort of protectress and undisputed symbol. During this guided tour, discover the history of one of the most important symbols of Catholicism: the Duomo of Milan. A qualified tour guide will take you back in time to discover the Baptistery and the archaeological area located in the basement of the Cathedral. The visit continues with the exploration of the Cathedral with its sculptures, paintings, and stained glass windows. During the final step of the tour, you will enjoy a breathtaking view from the Terraces. The itinerary has been rigorously selected with the help of certified guides in order to show you more than just the great masterpieces everyone knows about.
IncludesTour guide Milan Cathedral skip-the-line ticket Group tour Radio system (from 5 participants)
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or a full refund. IMPORTANT: In order to facilitate the supervision of the Public Security Authorities to access to the Cathedral, tourists are invited to empty pockets and open bags. Please note that helmets, metal (knife, scissors, etc.) and glass objects (bottle of glass, etc.) and luggage are not forbidden to enter the Cathedral. You are strongly encouraged to not bring big bags. Guests are asked to wear the proper clothing required to enter to religious sites (please note that knees and shoulders must be covered).