My Guide Website?
Milan: Self-Guided Audio Tour Discovering Roman Heritage3 Reviews
Step into the rich tapestry of ancient Mediolanum's Roman history; uncover Roman traces a your own pace, following a pre-made itinerary on your smartphone through 11 key-locations.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Milan:If youʻre booking your trip to Milan last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the ancient Mediolanum with an immersive audio-guided city walk
- Be transported by the ancient Roman Empire through the streets of Milano
- Stroll while discovering curiosities and highlights about the ancient city
- Follow a city map directly on your smartphone
DescriptionThe first concrete sources on Milan’s foundation and its name’s origin date back to the Insubri Gauls. This population of Celtic origin migrated southwards from the cold Germanic territories. It arrived in Northern Italy, creating the first actual settlement around the 6th-4th century, thus defining the city’s origins. However, the Insubrians soon attracted the attention of the rising power of Rome, which conquered the territory and Latinised the city. From then on, such a humble settlement went down into history as Mediolanum. Despite today’s industrialisation, the city still offers incredible and valuable evidence of a glorious past awaiting exploration. You will discover both famous and hidden places through the lenses of ancient Roman times, suggesting a beautiful contrast between the old Mediolanum and modern Milan. Using your smartphone, dive into a Roman Milanese setting as you stroll through the streets of Milan at your own pace. Enjoy complete autonomy through the use of your smartphone and headphones as you discover (please double check opening hours in advance): - The Mausoleum (external visit: no archaeological visit) - St. Ambrose Church (free entrance during opening hours) - The Amphitheatre (free entrance during opening hours: from Tuesday to Friday 9 AM - 16:30 PM & Saturdays 9 AM - 14 PM) - Museum Alda Levi (free entrance during opening hours: from Tuesday to Saturday from 10 AM to 15 PM) - Church of San Lorenzo (free entrance during opening hours) - The imperial Palace (public open-air archaeological site; the nearby Civic Museum, which exhibits also excavations, require a ticket entrance not included in this audioguide) - The Roman Theatre (archaeological site accessible only on request, you can book an appointment at this link https://www.milomb.camcom.it/how-to-book-an-appointment-teatro-romano-en) - The Baptistery under the Duomo (entrance ticket not included: advanced booking recommended) - Thermal Baths: (public open-air archaeological rests) Mind that this is a storytelling city walk and entrance tickets for any points of interests (museums, churches etc.) are not included: the aim of this itinerary is to narrate visitors an insightful storytelling, and enjoy places connected to Roman times even from the outside! The time needed to complete the walk is relative, as it depends on the speed at which the various points on the route are reached. The time shown refers to listening (audio) + the calculated average walking time from one point to the next without stopping. This itinerary is only available in English.
IncludesEnglish Audio-guided tour City-map itinerary route (GPS) Information at every stop
- Please make sure to read carefully the email you'll receive after booking this tour, and follow the instruction received (containing a link and a passcode that you'll need to start the walk). Audio language: english The aim of this itinerary is to narrate visitors an insightful storytelling, and enjoy places even just from the outside. The tour uses a web map; it is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace. The distance between each stop is around 5 to 10 minutes walking The time needed to complete the walk is relative, as it depends on the speed at which the various points on the route are reached: the time shown refers to listening (audio) + the calculated average walking time from one point to the next without stopping.