My Guide Website?
Milan: Self-Guided Audio Tour discovering Literature
Immerse in a unique storytelling walk that will guide you through the centre of Milan discovering the famous writer Alessandro Manzoni and his book: "The Betrothed".
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Milan:If youʻre booking your trip to Milan last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Let the power of literature transport you back in time
- Discover the famous book 'The Betrothed' with a unique storytelling
- Immersive audio-guided experience entirely dedicated to Alessandro Manzoni
- Explore Milan's insightful backgrounds with a digital pocket guide!
- Follow autonomously a pre-made itinerary on your phone
DescriptionAlessandro Manzoni was born in Milan on March 7, 1785. His linguistic uniqueness reached its highest with the famous work “I Promessi Sposi” (The Betrothed), published between 1825 and 1827 CE, laying the foundations of a new romance style in Italy. The novel narrates the story of a young love between Renzo and Lucia. The two must face and overcome difficulties and complications in the context of wars, hunger, poverty, jealousy and lust for power. The adventure is narrated in the historical period between 1628 and 1630 CE, precisely in various places in the Lombardy countryside, including Milan, torn apart by the consequences of the Thirty Years’ War. This itinerary aims to explore the city through a Manzonian lens. Through the streets of the Lombard capital, we will rediscover places and themes closely connected with the most widely read novel among Italian classics, such as: - the notorious Lazzaretto - the house of Manzoni (external visit) - a symbolic church - the famous Cimitero Monumentale Mind that this is a storytelling digital tour and entrance tickets for any points of interests (museums, churches etc.) are not included: the aim of this itinerary is to narrate visitors an insightful storytelling, and enjoy places connected to Alessandro Manzoni even from the outside! This self/audio-guided tour allows you, in complete autonomy through the use of your mobile phone and headphones, to discover the most characteristic and significant places of this itinerary's theme. The time needed to complete the walk is relative, as it depends on the speed at which the various points on the route are reached. The time shown refers to listening (audio) + the calculated average walking time from one point to the next without stopping.
IncludesEnglish Audio Guide City-map itinerary route (GPS) Information at every stop
- Please make sure to read carefully the email you'll receive after booking this tour, and follow the instruction received (containing a link and a passcode that you'll need to start the walk). Audio language: english The tour uses a web map; it is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace. To start the tour you will need to follow our instructions on the voucher received.