My Guide Website?
Milan: Private Tour of La Scala & Duomo with Gelato Tasting4 Reviews
Explore Milan on a private guided tour. Visit Duomo & its panoramic rooftop with skip-the-line tickets, explore the gorgeous interior of La Scala and its museum. Gelato tasting experience included.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Milan:If youʻre booking your trip to Milan last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Admire the beauty of Milan’s most iconic attractions with your personal guide
- Enter Duomo Cathedral & Duomo Rooftop Terrace with skip-the-line tickets
- Visit the underground archeologic area beneath Duomo & the museum of Duomo
- Stop by Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II and visit La Scala Theater & its museum
- Enjoy gelato tasting in one of the best ice cream places in Milan
DescriptionJoin a private 3-hour guided tour that will introduce to you the most spectacular attractions of Milan. You will learn about cultural and historical values that make Milan one of the most famous and influential cities in the world. Enjoy a degustation of one of the best gelato places in Milan! The guided tour includes a visit of Piazza Duomo, where you can admire the beautiful and unique gothic architecture of the church that took six centuries to be completed. With pre-booked & guaranteed skip-the-line tickets, you will access immediately the Duomo rooftop terrace by lift to enjoy a unique panoramic 360-degree view of Milan. After that, you will enter Duomo Cathedral and your private guide will help you to discover the underground archeological area of Duomo & the museum of Duomo. The Duomo of Milan is the largest church in Italy and the fourth largest in the world, with a capacity of up to 40,000 people. In the 1930s a special law was introduced in Milan (as you will discover during the tour, it wasn’t respected later on...) for which no buildings could have been higher than the highest point of Duomo. Its rooftops host about 3400 statues (and they are not all are saints or angels). For example, you can admire the statue of the boxer Primo Carnera (world heavyweight boxing champion in 1930s – he was the first Italian ever to gain this title), the statue of a pigeon, a tennis racquet, and much more. Your private expert guide will also accompany you through Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, named after the first King of Italy. Constructed in 19th century, the Galleria was built with the purpose to represent the new Milan and connect Piazza Duomo & La Scala, the most important squares of that time. Now it is a grand display of many beautiful of high-end fashion boutiques & famous restaurants, all inside an enormous decorated glass roof. After Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, your private guide will introduce to you the foyer & the museum of La Scala Theater, which displays an excessive collection of theatrical costumes, set designs, autograph scores, and musical instruments, together with paintings of musicians and actors, precious ceramic figures portraying characters from the “commedia dell'arte” - the first opera played on the inauguration of La Scala. Besides the collection of the museum, your guide will also provide to you some important information about the biggest artists who have performed on this important stage, such as Verdi, Toscanini, Maria Callas, Luciano Pavarotti or Carla Fracci. Most of Italy's greatest operatic artists, and many of the finest singers from around the world, have appeared at La Scala. If we count the seats on the balconies, La Scala can hold up to 3,000 attendees. Moreover, the stage of La Scala is made fully of wood to allow exceptional audio quality from the instruments played on stage. La Scala's season opens on 7 December every year on Saint Ambrose's Day, the feast day of Milan's patron saint.
IncludesPersonal expert guide only for you Private guided tour in La Scala museum to know the history of the most famous opera house of Italy Gelato tasting in one of the best icecream shops in Milan Guaranteed & pre-booked skip-the-line tickets to Duomo Cathedral, Duomo rooftop terrace (with lift access), Duomo museum & the archeological underground area beneath Duomo Stroll through the glass-roofed arcade of the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, one of the first commercial centers in the world Enjoy a unique panoramic 360-degree view of Milan from the rooftop of Duomo Relaxed guided walking tour at your own pace with your own dedicated private guide
- Please ensure your shoulders, stomach, and legs (over the knees) are appropriately covered Wearing shorts, mini skirts, crop tops, and sleeveless shirts may not be allowed inside Duomo The sequence of the visited sites may change for organizational reasons Please provide the full names, surnames, and dates of birth of everyone in your group in order to reserve the tickets When visiting the church, please ensure your shoulders, stomach, and legs (over the knees) are appropriately covered. Wearing shorts, mini skirts, crop tops, and sleeveless shirts may not be allowed inside Duomo On very rare occasions, it may not be possible to access the internal part of Duomo Cathedral if an important religious ceremony is organized or another important event (the Duomo is also a functioning public church). In this case, the visit to Castello Sforzesco (the castle of Milan) or La Scala & La Scala Museum will be organized during tour