My Guide Website?
Milan Private Tour - Duomo with Rooftop, Food & Wine Tasting2 Reviews
Explore Milan on a private guided tour. Visit Duomo and its panoramic rooftop with skip-the-line tickets, Galleria & Piazza della Scala. Taste 3-4 famous Italian wines with local food degustation.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Milan:If youʻre booking your trip to Milan last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Taste 3-4 famous Italian wines in a trendy wine bar with a platter of cold cuts
- Visit Duomo & its panoramic rooftop with skip-the-line tickets
- Admire the beauty of Milan’s most iconic attractions with your personal guide
- Visit Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II & Piazza della Scala
- Discover Italian wine & food culture in a professional wine degustation
DescriptionDuring this private 3-hour guided tour you will experience an extensive wine & food degustation of famous Italian wines in a trendy wine bar. Your local expert guide will provide a detailed tour of the most significant attractions of Milan, including visit of Duomo & its panoramic rooftop with skip-the-line tickets, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II & Piazza della Scala. The guided tour starts in Piazza Duomo, where you can admire the unique and beautiful gothic architecture of the biggest church in Italy that took 6 centuries to be completed. With pre-booked and guaranteed skip-the-line tickets, you will enter immediately the Duomo rooftop terrace by elevator to have a panoramic 360-degree view of Milan. After that, you will enter the Duomo Cathedral and your private guide will help you to explore the underground archeological area beneath Duomo & the museum of Duomo. The Duomo of Milan is the largest church in Italy and the fourth largest in the world, with a capacity of up to 40,000 people. In the 1930s a special law was introduced in Milan (as you will discover during the tour, it wasn’t respected later on...) for which no buildings could have been higher than the highest point of Duomo. Its rooftops host something like 3400 statues and they are not all are saints or angels. For example, you can admire the statue of the boxer Primo Carnera (world heavyweight boxing champion in 1930s – he was the first Italian ever to gain this title), the statue of the pigeon, one of a tennis racquet, and the Statue of Liberty (the myth says it inspired New York’s one!). After visiting Duomo, you will be accompanied to the wine & food degustation experience where a professional sommelier will explain and introduce to you 3-4 Italian wines in Italy spanning from the famous Tuscany area to the prestigious Piemonte, and how you can distinguish them from their aroma, flavors, colors and taste. Each important wine in Italy is strictly labeled and to be classified as signature wine, the wine makers must follow the the precise grape compositions requested by the regions. The professional wine tasting will be served with a traditional platter of Italian cold cuts. Last attraction of the tour is the worldwide famous Piazza della Scala where you will admire the most famous opera house of Italy and the historical shopping gallery: Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, which was named after the first King of Italy. Constructed in 19th century, the Galleria was built on the initiative of the king with the purpose to represent the modernization of Milan and connect La Scala & Piazza Duomo, the most important landmarks of that time. Now it is a grand display of many beautiful of high-end fashion boutiques & famous restaurants, all inside an enormous decorated glass roof of the Galleria.
IncludesWine & food tasting experience in the best wine bar in Milan Personal expert guide only for you Enjoy 3-4 glasses of the best Italian wines (per person) with an excellent selection of cheese, snacks & cold cuts Guaranteed & pre-booked skip-the-line tickets to Duomo Cathedral, Duomo rooftop terrace (with lift access), Duomo museum & the archeological underground area beneath Duomo Wine degustation with a professional sommelier Visit Piazza della Scala to know the history of the most famous opera house of Italy Stroll through the glass-roofed arcade of the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, one of the first commercial centers in the world Enjoy a unique panoramic 360-degree view of Milan from the rooftop of Duomo Relaxed guided walking tour at your own pace
- A private pickup and drop-off by car can also be arranged after booking (the cost depends on the location) Wine & Food tasting includes 3-4 glasses of wine per person and a delicious platter of cold cuts & cheese The sequence of the visited sites may change for organizational reasons On very rare occasions, it may not be possible to access the internal part of Duomo Cathedral if an important religious ceremony is organized or another important event (the Duomo is also a functioning public church). In this case, the visit to Castello Sforzesco (the castle of Milan) or La Scala & La Scala Museum will be organized during the tour Bulky backpacks, large bags, food, and drinks are not allowed inside Wearing slippers and open-toe shoes is not allowed inside the church & the museum When visiting the church, please ensure your shoulders, stomach, and legs (over the knees) are appropriately covered. Wearing shorts, mini skirts, crop tops, and sleeveless shirts may not be allowed inside Duomo