My Guide Website?
Milan: Old Town Highlights Private Guided Tour1 Reviews
Discover the beauty of Milan’s Old Town on a private guided tour. Marvel at the Milan Cathedral, Piazza del Duomo, and other landmarks while learning about local history and legends.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Milan:If youʻre booking your trip to Milan last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the history and legends of Milan with a 5-Star Licensed Guide
- See the best selected highlights of Milan’s Old Town
- Explore the inner courtyards of the Sforza Castle(only in 3, 4 and 6-hour option
- Admire art collections of the Sforza Castle Museums (only in 4 and 6-hour option
- Get priority access to Duomo di Milano and its Rooftop Terrace (only in 6-hour)
DescriptionJoin this exclusive tour to discover the best things to do in Milan. Follow a 5-Star Private Guide on the streets of the historic Old Town and see its most prominent landmarks. Hear the true story of the city where Leonardo da Vinci created some of his best masterpieces of art and architecture. Choose the 2-hour option to see the best selected highlights of Milan’s Old Town.Your walking tour will begin by exploring Piazza Mercanti, the ''Merchants Square'' that used to be the heart of the city in the Middle Ages. Immerse yourself in stories of Milan’s past, present and future as you walk to the Chiesa di Santa Maria presso San Satiro, and marvel at the Renaissance art and gilded interiors of this 15th century church. Another point of interest will be Piazza del Duomo with its iconic landmarks, including the magnificent Milan Cathedral (Duomo), the Royal Palace, and the elegant shopping arcade Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II. Learn about Leonardo da Vinci’s contributions to the city and see his monument in front of the world’s most famous opera house, Teatro alla Scala. You will also walk along Via Brera street, which is known for its historical palaces and famous art galleries. Amazing sights await you at every turn! Choose the 3-hour option to see more of Milan’s Old Town and explore the inner courtyards of the Sforza Castle (Castello Sforzesco). This 15th century fortress is one of the greatest examples of Italian Renaissance architecture, featuring the iconic Filarete Tower and other interesting details. Your Expert Guide will tell you the story of the Visconti family who built the castle to protect the city against enemies, as well as the story of when da Vinci had a workshop in one of the castle rooms. Choose the 4-hour option to add skip-the-line tickets to the Sforza Castle Museums to your itinerary. During this extended tour you will jump ahead the queue and enter the castle interior for a guided tour of its museum exhibitions. The highlights of Sforza Castle include the last unfinished work by Michelangelo Buonarroti, Andrea Mantegna’s Trivulzio Madonna, a room painted by Leonardo da Vinci and many masterpieces by Canaletto, Titian and Tintoretto. Choose the 6-hour option to visit Milan’s most visited attraction, the majestic Milan Cathedral and Rooftops. With skip-the-line tickets, you can use a separate entrance to enter the church without waiting in long lines to the ticket office, and take a lift to access the rooftop terrace. Feel the awe-inspiring atmosphere of one of the world’s largest Gothic cathedrals and admire the breathtaking view from the top of the rooftops.
IncludesPrivate Walking Tour of Milan’s Old Town Highlights (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Free admission to the Chiesa di Santa Maria presso San Satiro (all options) Free admission to the courtyards of the Sforza Castle (only in 3, 4 & 6-hour options) Skip-the-line tickets to the Sforza Castle Museums (only in 4 & 6-hour options) Skip-the-line ticket to the Duomo Cathedral with Rooftops by lift (only in 6-hour option)
- Please check your email the day before the tour. The 2-hour tour does not include entry to the Duomo, Sforza Castle Courtyards and Museums. Skip-the-line tickets are a reserved time slot for entry, but you will have to wait in line for reservation / ticket validation and security checks. Admission to Duomo includes lift to the rooftops (descent is 250 steps down) and headsets for groups larger than 5 people. Church tours during mass and special events are limited. Admission to Sforza Castle Museums is for the permanent collection, which may be partially closed due to renovations. The museums are closed on Mondays, but you can visit Chiesa di San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore instead. 4- and 6-hour tours: Due to museum regulations, 1 licensed guide can lead a group of 1-9 people. You can book more than 1 guide for larger groups. Pickup is only available from accommodations within 1,5 km of the designated meeting point.