My Guide Website?
Milan: Navigli Canal Cruise with Audio Guide670 Reviews
Cruise along the Navigli Canal, and see Milan from a different perspective. Discover the charm of one of the last waterways that exist in Milan. Learn about the landmarks you pass with an audio guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Milan:If youʻre booking your trip to Milan last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience Milan from the water on the beautiful Navigli Canal
- Pass through Darsena, one of the main centers of Milanese nightlife
- See the Vicolo dei Lavandai, an architectural jewel
- Get an insight into the many famous landmarks from your commentary
DescriptionBegin your tour by boarding the new electric boat. As the boat sets off along the canal, see the 'case di Ringhiera', typical houses of the working-class districts of Milan. Cruise towards the popular 13th-century church of San Cristoforo while listening to informative commentary from your guide. See where the delicious Marscarpone cheese is said to have been invented as you float down an alley of cheesemakers. Come across the historic headquarters of the Canottieri Milano Olona, one of the longest-running rowing clubs in the city of Milan, with a history of over 100 years behind it. Pass by the famous Vicolo dei Lavandai, an architectural wonder that in the 18th-century was in charge of washing the linen of wealthy families. Cross the Scodellino bridge and reach the modern Darsena, an area of entertainment on the water, full of busy bars, restaurants, and clubs. It is still today one of the main centers of Milanese nightlife. Float towards the Trophy bridge and finally come to the Conchetta designed by Leonardo da Vinci. Experience the 14 navigation basins of the Conchetta that connect Milan and Pavia. It is still operational five centuries after its construction.
IncludesBoat cruise on the Navigli Multi-lingual commentary and audio headset
- There will be an English and Italian-speaking host who will help you when boarding the boat and during the navigation
- The audio commentary is available in English, French, German, Italian, and Portuguese. You will be able to scan a QR code and connect with your own mobile device to listen to the 45-minute commentary, without downloading an app. You can use your own headphones, or you can ask for some on the boat • On the boat you can sit down, or stand and move around to take pictures • The route is along the canal and back the same way. However, the commentary will describe different points of interest on the way back