My Guide Website?
Milan Duomo and Rooftop 2-Hour Guided Tour371 Reviews
Enjoy a skip-the-line entrance to the Duomo rooftop and marvel at the impressive view of the city skyline.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Milan:If youʻre booking your trip to Milan last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Skip the long lines to go inside the Milan Duomo
- Get panoramic views from the rooftop
- Listen to fascinating stories of the religious art and iconography
- Enjoy a guided tour with a licensed English-speaking guide
DescriptionMeet your licensed tour guide in Piazza del Duomo and make your way to the elevator entrance, where you will take the lift to enjoy the unforgettable experience of walking on the rooftop of the magnificent Duomo Cathedral. The overall size of this Gothic architecture is impressive and its flying buttresses and the white marble make it one-of-a-kind. Climb nearly 50 steps to reach the highest level on the roof and be ready to admire stunning views of the Milanese skyline, including the brand new upcoming skyscrapers. On the roof of Italy’s largest cathedral, and one of the biggest in the world, enjoy exciting views of Milan. On a clear day, see as far as the Italian Alps, the mountains separating Italy from Switzerland. Over 3.400 statues and 135 spires await to be unveiled and it is definitely best seen from above! End your visit admiring the golden statue of the Virgin Mary, shining bright on top of the Major spire. Then, have the incredible privilege of skipping the lines outside the Cathedral and to enter without any further wait, directly from a special entrance from the rooftop (the descent might be done by the stairs). Listen as your guide explains the countless statues, decorations and colorful stained-glass windows that tireless craftsmen designed along the centuries. Be amazed while hearing about the stories of the “Holy Nail” from Jesus’ True Cross or the Sundial Trail and its zodiac signs.
IncludesSkip-the-line entry ticket to the Milan Duomo Tickets and reservation fees for the rooftop at the Duomo Guide Use of headphones for groups of more than 5 people
- The Duomo is not wheelchair accessible
- Visitors must be moderately dressed. Inside the Cathedral, off-the-shoulder and/or low-cut dresses, shorts, miniskirts, and hats are prohibited.
- It is possible to purchase appropriate disposable Kimonos at ticket office 1 on Sala delle Colonne
- Due to increased security measures at the Duomo, some queues may form. Additionally, strict rules apply to entering the church (no knives, no scissors, no glass bottles, no plates, etc.)
- Objects that could be considered a security threat will not be permitted. This is at the discretion of the security personnel
- The elevator has a maximum capacity of 7 people, so you may encounter a queue to get to the roof
- The elevator may not be used to descend for security reasons; in this event, the descent will be done by stairs