My Guide Website?
Milan: Cathedral Rooftop Tour23 Reviews
Head to Milan Cathedral's rooftop terraces for stunning views as far as the Italian Alps. Admire its statues, its spires and its flying buttresses while listening to the explanation of your guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Milan:If youʻre booking your trip to Milan last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy stunning views of Milan from the cathedral's rooftop terraces
- Experience a unique immersive virtual tour of the square in the 18th century
- Admire the golden statute of the Virgin Mary, atop the major spire
DescriptionSee Milan from above on a 1-hour tour that takes you to the rooftop terraces of the Duomo. Meet your guide in Piazza del Duomo and admire the cathedral’s façade, its statues, spires, and gargoyles. Skip the lines at the ticket office and make your way to the elevator entrance with your guide. Ride the elevator to the top and walk along the roof of the magnificent cathedral. Take in spectacular views of Milan. On a clear day you can see as far as the Italian Alps – the mountains separating Italy from Switzerland. Climb nearly 50 steps to reach the highest level and see the golden statute of the Virgin Mary, shining bright atop the main spire.
IncludesElevator to the rooftop terraces of Milan Cathedral Professional guide Use of headphones (if there are more than 5 people in the group)
- The Duomo is not wheelchair accessible
- Visitors must be moderately dressed. Inside the Cathedral, off-the-shoulder and/or low-cut dresses, shorts, miniskirts, and hats are prohibited.
- It is possible to purchase appropriate disposable Kimonos at ticket office 1 on Sala delle Colonne
- Due to increased security measures at the Duomo, some queues may form. Additionally, strict rules apply to entering the church (no knives, no scissors, no glass bottles, no plates etc.) •Any object that, at the sole discretion of the personnel in charge of the checks, could be considered a danger to the integrity and safety of the places
- The elevator has a maximum capacity of 7 people, so you may encounter a queue to get to the roof
- The elevator may not be used to descend for security reasons; in this event, the descent will be done by stairs
- Climbing stairs (up to 50) is included, please wear comfortable shoes