My Guide Website?
Milan Cathedral: Rooftop Terraces Ticket (No Church Access)3009 Reviews
Marvel at panoramic vistas of Milan from its most famous landmark. Amble the rooftop of a cathedral that took nearly 600 years to complete. Gaze at the exquisite craftsmanship of Italy's largest church.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Milan:If youʻre booking your trip to Milan last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take in the city from the top of its most sacred structure
- Learn the 600-year-long history of one of Europe's largest cathedrals
- Continue to the cathedral's museum (entry ticket not included) to complete your visit
DescriptionAvoid the hassle of buying an entrance ticket to the Milan Duomo on the day by picking one up in advance. By far the most unique feature of the cathedral is its vast rooftop, granting a panoramic viewpoint over Milan and a birds-eye perspective on the church itself. With options to challenge yourself by mounting the 250 stairs up to the rooftop, or to take a ride on the convenient elevator, the rooftop is accessible to all with a desire to see this iconic sight. Once you’re on the rooftop, peer out over the city from over 150 feet above street level while taking in the characteristic rows of white marble spires. An enduring symbol of Milan, the cathedral broke ground in 1386, only to be finished in 1965. Built of stunning marble quarried from the Candoglia region, there are few better examples of Italian Gothic architecture in existence.
IncludesEntry ticket for the terraces of the Milan Duomo Milan Duomo gift Elevator or stair ascent (depending on option selected) 10% discount at the Duomo Shop (products of the “Adopt a Spire' line and books already on sale are excluded from the promotion) Become a donor to preserve the Cathedral’s eternal beauty and get a free gadget. Select donation add-on when booking.
- • The terraces are open daily from 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM. The last time for tickets is 6:00 PM and the last admission is at 6:10 PM
- Last entrance to the cathedral is at 6:10 PM
- Be prepared to go through an airport-style security check
- Guests must adhere to a modest dress code