My Guide Website?
From Milan: Scenic Day Trip with Bernina Train Ride1 Reviews
Ride the Bernina Train, on the Express railway, to admire the Swiss Alps on a trip from Milan. Enjoy summit views and alpine lakes, followed by the mountain resort of St. Moritz.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Milan:If youʻre booking your trip to Milan last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Immerse in a rugged landscape of pristine villages and alpine peaks
- Enjoy free time in Tirano and St. Moritz on a scenic trip from Milan
- Hop off the train for a quick stop at one of the highest points of the route
- Marvel at this UNESCO-listed masterpiece of railway engineering
DescriptionExplore the scenic mountains of the Swiss Alps on a guided trip from Milan. Stop by Varenna and Tirano before boarding the Bernina Train on the Express railway. Be treated to sights of romantic gorges and glaciers on a ride on the train. Admire alpine landscapes on a drive to St. Moritz. Start your journey by meeting your guide at Milan Central Station. Board a local train headed to Varenna. If time allows, take a short walk in the picturesque little town on the shore of Lake Como. Then, get on a minivan/minibus toward Valtellina Valley on the border of Switzerland, where you may have a chance to stop in a quaint town or at a winery or café. Next, get an hour of free time in Tirano to grab lunch right before boarding the Bernina Train. After panoramic sightseeing from the highest-altitude rail route in Europe, get off the train for a quick stop at the highest point of the route (or at Diavolezza railway station in the winter). Then, hop onboard the minivan to continue to St. Moritz. Get about 30-45 minutes to explore the luxurious mountain town surrounded by magnificent alpine peaks. On the return journey, enjoy another spectacular road to go to Lake Como. Finally, board the local train back to Milan.
IncludesTour guide Transportation by minivan or minibus Bernina Train ticket
- Each passenger must carry a valid passport Bring with you a light sweater or jacket in the summer. In the winter, carry a heavy jacket, good shoes, a scarf, and gloves