My Guide Website?
From Milan: Interlaken & Swiss Alps Day Trip100 Reviews
Take a ride on the Green Train of the Alps for a spectacular journey from Milan. Cross Lake Thun on a cruise boat to reach the enchanting village of Interlaken.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Milan:If youʻre booking your trip to Milan last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a rail tour from Milan aboard the Green Train of the Alps
- Take an amazing cruise of Lake Thun
- Admire the stunning Alpine scenery of the Swiss Alps
- Explore Interlaken at your own pace
- Listen to your friendly and knowledgable English-speaking tour leader
DescriptionDepart Milan on a high-speed train for the town of Domodossola, the last Italian frontier before the Swiss border. Here, begin your adventure on the “Green Train of the Alps.” Journey through the Simplon pass, one of the most beautiful crossings in Switzerland. Cutting between the Alps, your knowledgeable English-speaking guide will introduce you to the secrets of mountains and the valleys as they appear before your eyes. After around 2-hours of breathtaking panoramas, you will arrive in Spiez, on the shores of Lake Thun. Depart on your cruise to Interlaken on a state of the art steamboat. While crossing the lake, take a moment to snap some pictures of Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau, 3 famous mountains whose recognizable shapes are reflected in the light blue water of the lake. Once in the Interlaken, enjoy time to explore the picturesque architecture or take a walk around the shore, where you will be able to marvel at the hang gliders peacefully soaring over the snow capped Alps in the distance. Aside from the beautiful views, don’t forget to try some of the world’s finest Swiss chocolate at the one of the many local specialty chocolatiers that dot the town. In the late afternoon, take a train back to Domodossola before returning to Milan on an air-conditioned coach.
IncludesGreen Train of the Alps (2nd class) Lake Cruise High-speed train from Milan Transport by air-conditioned coach Professional English-speaking guide
- Times subjected to organization and/ or traffic problems
- A current valid passport will be required on the day of travel
- You must confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to the border crossing. All visa requirements will be the sole responsibility of the traveler (also for children)